Don’t let a big move slow you down, this moving check-list will help you know what to do before, during and after the move, this will also help you organise everything you need.
BEFORE THE MOVE
- RESEARCH: is the most important research on new community, look for school options and other facilities you might need. By knowing where the best opportunities are can help you find the perfect area for your family.
- FIND MOVERS: Look for different moving companies and compare prices, also get recommendation from friends and family. Find movers you can trust to handle your stuff with a lot of caution. Plan how will move valuable and difficult-to- replace items. Consider donating items that you don’t need.
3. START PACKING:Order boxes and any other moving supplies, start packing items that you don’t use often. Label each box with it’s contents and the room it’s destined for.
4. MOVING DAY: Make sure everything is packed, be very present when the movers are packing and loading your items. Make sure everything is packed.
5. CLEANING THE NEW HOUSE: As soon as you arrive, clean the house thoroughly, scrub all the surfaces, get rid of any items you might not need. It’s time for a fresh start.
6. START UNPACKING: After you have cleaned the house, you can now start unloading all your items, place all the boxes in the right rooms and start unpacking and start setting them.